Re: Behaviour of Smart UAs vs. UAs that need server help in error cases

Raphaël,

On 22/06/2011 10:04, Raphaël Troncy wrote:
> Hi Davy,
>
>> Since the requested time range is invalid, the server answers with a 416
>> (Requested Range Not Satisfiable), and the UA still doesn't have a clue
>> about the duration of the media.
>>
>> So the question is, what is the behaviour of a UA getting a 416 from a
>> Media Fragments-enabled server (especially in the case when the decoding
>> pipeline is not setup)?
>>
>> I think this situation must be clarified in the spec.
>
> I'm unsure how we have finally closed this discussion:
> * In the case of not satisfiable *time* range, as Silvia pointed out,
> the server will provide the indication of the entire duration of the
> media so that solves the problem.
Indeed.

> * In the case of a non-existent track, I'm not sure we should talk about
> a "not satisfiable requested range" (416). I guess this will be
> clarified when we go through these test cases.
The problem of the tracks is solved since tracks are now only resolved
at the UA (similarly to spatial fragments).

Best regards,

Davy

--
Davy Van Deursen

Ghent University - IBBT
Department of Electronics and Information Systems - Multimedia Lab