W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-media-fragment@w3.org > June 2011

Media Fragments Working Group: Agenda 8 June, Telecon *9 UTC*

From: Erik Mannens <erik.mannens@ugent.be>
Date: Wed, 8 Jun 2011 09:28:38 +0200
To: Media Fragment <public-media-fragment@w3.org>
Message-Id: <D5C60652-0F4A-4A6C-81F5-F2DBC78DBCF9@ugent.be>
Dear Media Fragmenters,

Please, find attached the agenda for this week telecon, http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?month=06&day=08&year=2011&hour=09&min=00&sec=0&p1=0

Best regards.

Erik & RaphaŽl


AGENDA Teleconference
W3C Media Fragments Working Group telephone conference 2011-06-08
Wednesday, 08 June *09:00-10:00 UTC*
Local time:

08 June 2011, 0900 UTC
           0200 (West US)
           1000 (Galway)
           1100 (Amsterdam, Sophia-Antipolis, Pretoria)
           1800 (Tokyo)
           1900 (Sydney)
Bridge US: +1-617-761-6200 (Zakim)
Bridge FR: +
Bridge UK: +44.203.318.0479
Conference code : 3724# (spells "FRAG")
Duration : 60 minutes
IRC channel          : #mediafrag on irc.w3.org:6665
W3C IRC Web Client   : http://irc.w3.org/ and http://www.w3.org/Project/IRC
Zakim information    : http://www.w3.org/2002/01/UsingZakim
Zakim bridge monitor : http://www.w3.org/1998/12/bridge/Zakim.html
Zakim IRC bot        : http://www.w3.org/2001/12/zakim-irc-bot.html

Chair: Erik, Raphael
ScribeList: http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/wiki/ScribeList
Regrets: ?

Please note that Media Fragments WG telecons are for attendance by members and invited experts only.

* Roll call
* PROPOSED to accept the minutes of the last week telecon: http://www.w3.org/2011/05/11-mediafrag-minutes.html

2. SPEC Update
* ACTION-219: Davy to update the specification to reflect the changes regarding the new "chapter" dimension
* ACTION-220: Raphael to change the specification to reflect that #track is local
* What still has to be done to go to PR end of June?

3. TEST CASES: [Davy]
* ACTION-218: Jack to carefully review the changes made by Davy that will most likely be all over the place
* ISSUE-10 [Michael]: Media Fragments Test Case Maintenance

4. HTML5 Bugs: [Silvia]
* See: http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=10723 (stoping at the end of temporal fragment)
* See: http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=12425 (UI for temporal fragment)
* See: http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=12426 (loop)
* See: http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=12427 (UI for spatial fragment)

5. WHATWG Liaison: [Philip]
* MultiTrack API, ISSUE-152: http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/152
* Hixie suggestion: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2011Mar/0436.html

* Chris Double: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-fragment/2010Jun/0099.html
* ISSUE-17 [Yves]: Media Fragment track names and IRIs
** See: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-fragment/2010Jun/0056.html
** Invite Adison in a telecon ASAP
* ISSUE-20 [Yves]: Create a IETF draft at CR stage explaining what the media fragment semantics will be for video/*, image/*, audio/*
* ISSUE-21 [Raphael]: Expressing complex regions with a reference in Media Fragments URI
** Robert Sanderson: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-fragment/2010Jul/0010.html
** Bernhard Haslhofer: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-fragment/2010Sep/0000.html

* Silvia (concerning Action-203): Build a Media Fragment URI Parser In JavaScript (See: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-fragment/2011May/0010.html)
* Boris: Concerns about backwards compatibility of media fragments (See: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-fragment/2011May/0014.html)
* Fantasai: [css3-images] Features Overview (See: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-fragment/2011May/0019.html)
* Chris Double: Temporal media fragment for HTML media questions (See: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-fragment/2011May/0037.html)

7. Use Cases and Requirements:
* From Ericsson (media fragment URI for video chat): https://labs.ericsson.com/developer-community/blog/beyond-html5-conversational-voice-and-video-implemented-webkit-gtk
* From Google: SemWebVid?
* From HTTP Streaming?
* Image sprite in HTML5: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-fragment/2010May/0061.html
** Specify how to render Media Fragments in UA? Write a reply to HTML5?
* From NEC:
** WIKI ?

8. AOB

Sincere greetings,

Erik Mannens, PhD

Project Manager

Ghent University - IBBT
Faculty of Engineering and Architecture
Dept. ELIS - MMLab
Gaston Crommenlaan 8 bus 201
B-9050 Ledeberg-Ghent, Belgium

T: +32 9 331 49 93
F: +32 9 331 48 96
M: +32 473 27 44 17
E: erik.mannens@ugent.be
W: http://www.mmlab.be/emannens

Received on Wednesday, 8 June 2011 07:29:25 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Tuesday, 6 January 2015 20:52:46 UTC