Re: ABNF definition of NPT temporal fragment times

On Wed, Jul 6, 2011 at 8:39 PM, Philip Jägenstedt <philipj@opera.com> wrote:

> I'm no ABNF master myself, but npttime here means that any of npt-sec,
> npt-mmss or npt-hhmmss can match, so yes, if you think about the parser as
> having a pointer into a string that you move forward, then you should
> backtrack if npt-sec does not match.

Right, my point is that npt-sec does match the string '10:20', in that
it successfully matches the '10', it then goes back to the
'npttimedef' clause which fails on the presence of ':'. So it is
'npttimedef' that has failed, not npt-sec. We've gone beyond the
'npttime' clause here and would need to backtrack back into that.

Chris.
--
http://www.bluishcoder.co.nz