Re: ACTION-245: Implementation of Media Fragments from Dailymotion

Le 14 déc. 2011 à 15:37, Raphaël Troncy a écrit :

> Hi Davy,
>> It didn't pause the video at 46s, is this a bug?
> Yes, it is a bug that appears since their latest release of the player. This is also because this sort of thing was not tested before the media fragments spec.

It never worked properly (the "end=" part).

>> Hmm, not sure I get this. Do you mean that the URI scheme will be implemented on the video page URI, rather than on the video resource URI itself?
> In the case of a non-HTML5 page, you don't have a <video> element, so yes, the URI scheme is on the video page URI and the js propagates this to the player.
> If this is an HTML5 page, then the js could also propagate this information to the (first?) <video> element of the page, modifying its @src, and then, we are back to what we can test.
>> Or does the flash player takes a Media Fragment URI as input?
> he js script on the page propagates the fragments from the video page URI to the Flash player.
> Pyke, feel free to correct me if I misunderstood what is happening.

The JS takes the timerange spec. from the page URL and use an API exposed to the browser JS engine by the Flash player
to instruct the Flash player to start @start and stop @end. The Flash player does not understand the timerange formats defined
in the Media Fragments spec. natively.

Cordialement,

--
Pierre-Yves Kerembellec | Senior IT Expert
Dailymotion | 49-51 rue Ganneron | 75018 Paris - France