Re: Expressing complex regions with media fragments - use cases + possible solution

yes, please do so.

Thx,
Bernhard

On Sep 9, 2010, at 2:48 PM, Raphaël Troncy wrote:

> Dear Bernhard,
>
>>> In this use case, would you need to address a fixed spatial region
>>> over a period of time? Or would you need to address a moving
>>> region?
>>
>> Addressing a moving spatial region in a video is quite complex
>> because it requires the annotation client to track moving objects in
>> a video. We are not going to implement this. For us it would be fine
>> to be able to address a fixed spatial region; so it would be the same
>> technical solution as for still image annotation...
>
> Thanks for the clarification. Would you agree that we include your use cases as it is in the Use Cases and Requirements document [1] and acknowledge you ?
> Best regards.
>
>  Raphaël
>
> [1] http://www.w3.org/TR/media-frags-reqs/
>
> --
> Raphaël Troncy
> EURECOM, Multimedia Communications Department
> 2229, route des Crêtes, 06560 Sophia Antipolis, France.
> e-mail: raphael.troncy@eurecom.fr & raphael.troncy@gmail.com
> Tel: +33 (0)4 - 9300 8242
> Fax: +33 (0)4 - 9000 8200
> Web: http://www.eurecom.fr/~troncy/

Research Group Multimedia Information Systems
Department of Distributed and Multimedia Systems
Faculty of Computer Science
University of Vienna

Postal Address: Liebiggasse 4/3-4, 1010 Vienna, Austria
Phone: +43 1 42 77 39635 Fax: +43 1 4277 39649
E-Mail: bernhard.haslhofer@univie.ac.at
WWW: http://www.cs.univie.ac.at/bernhard.haslhofer