Re: Re: on grammars and parsing algorithm

On Thu, 04 Nov 2010 22:29:00 +0100, Silvia Pfeiffer
<silviapfeiffer1@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Fri, Nov 5, 2010 at 2:48 AM, Philip Jägenstedt <philipj@opera.com>
> wrote:

>> If anyone (such as Yves) has specific ideas on how to move forward (on
>> top
>> of my suggested changes or instead of them), that would be useful.

> Would it make much sense to have a "production rules" grammar
> (basically what's there) and a separate "parsing approach" section,
> which can be a combination of grammar & the current appendices?

The "parsing approach" is really what's currently in sections "Processing
name-value components" and "Processing name-value lists", but most in this
working group seem to be (strongly) opposed to making that normative.
That's why I tried to simplified things quite a bit this time. This time
there's no actual parsing expressed as algorithms, as one can just reuse
the syntax when it's split into two layers.

--
Philip Jägenstedt
Core Developer