Re: Media Fragments URI parsing: pseudo algorithm code

* Philip Jägenstedt wrote:

>>> No disagreement that we need to define it, thankfully. The disagreement
>>> is only where to decode percent-encoding.
>>
>> RFC3986 gives the answer, after the URI components are parsed (and we
>> define here how to split out in components).
>
>The disagreement here is only for which components to decode
>percent-encoding, RFC3986 will not help us.

RFC 3986 requires implementations when processing a fragment identifiers
to treat %74 and "t" the same regardless of where either occurs, as "t"
is not a reserved character and URIs that differ only in the escaping of
unreserved characters are defined to be equivalent. So the answer here
is "all components". You can only have special requirements for reserved
characters when they occur unescaped.