RE: a quick scan of RTSP for media fragments

Hi Jack, Silvia,

Indeed, within RTSP, each streamed track corresponds to an RTSP subsession, and each subsession needs to be setup separately. In the
spec, you can find in section 10.4: "The SETUP request for a URI specifies the transport mechanism to be used for the streamed
media. A client can issue a SETUP request for a  stream that is already playing to change transport parameters, which  a server MAY
allow.". In section 1.3, you can find the definition of a stream: "A single media instance, e.g., an audio stream or a video  stream
as well as a single whiteboard or shared application  group. ...". I agree that it is not perfectly clear from the spec :-), but I
am pretty confident (based on my implementation experience) that a SETUP command is coupled to media streams (or tracks) and not to
the whole RTSP session.

Best regards,

Davy

--
Davy Van Deursen

Ghent University - IBBT
Department of Electronics and Information Systems - Multimedia Lab