Re: Feedback from FOMS

On Wed, Jan 27, 2010 at 9:46 PM, Silvia Pfeiffer
<silviapfeiffer1@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 27, 2010 at 9:41 PM, Philip Jägenstedt <philipj@opera.com> wrote:
>> On Wed, 27 Jan 2010 10:21:34 +0100, Raphaël Troncy <raphael.troncy@cwi.nl>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Silvia,
>>>
>>> Thanks for this very valuable report from FOMS.

>>> I understand the need for the developers to be informed of what is stable
>>> in a evolving spec and what is not, but I'm not a big fan of splitting
>>> documents. Our charter tells what the 1.0 version should cover. I would
>>> rather suggest we mark explicitly in our document the sections that we
>>> consider are stable giving a clear 'go' to web developers to start implement
>>> them and mark as unstable the sections we are actively working on.
>>
>> I think this is a good idea, it's approximately how HTML5 handles the issue
>> of sections with different maturity levels in the same spec.
>
> I'm happy with this, too.

In the meeting today I suggested that in the next meeting we get the
section that I think we all agree on (section 5.2.1
http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/WD-media-fragments-spec/#processing-protocol-UA-mapped
and everything that it includes) into a shape such that we can mark it
as "finished and read for implementation". Then we can hand this on to
browser developers (in particular Opera and Firefox) for
implementation.

Philip mentioned one outstanding issue, which has to do with time spec
and he will raise it on mailing list so we can resolve it by next
week.

Further then: prepare your arguments for next week's meeting if you
don't think 5.2.1 is ready. :-)