RE: Track fragments

Hi all,

This would be a fallback when server cannot extract the requested tracks, otherwise you get back to a "classical" fragment processing: whole resource transmission plus cropping/selection at client-side.

> I see the use case, where a media file contains multiple video tracks,
> has very borderline: how many files out there have such a property?
>
> Serving only a number of tracks would be useful to save bandwidth if the
> video track is not served (e.g. audio + audiovision + subtitle for a
> blind user). But then, we would need a minus operator to tell the server
> ... send me this media file except the video track. How to express that?

What about =>
#track=include: audio(audesc,en),video(main,en),text(cc,en),text(sub,fr)
#track=exclude:audio(audesc,fr),(audesc, german), text(cc,fr), video(HD,en),
I think  media fragment syntax should enable to express (any) filter to apply on the resource.

(other 2 cents)
--
    Franck.