Re: ACTION-199, ACTION-200 and ISSUE-19

On Wed, 15 Dec 2010 11:22:09 +0100, Raphaël Troncy
<raphael.troncy@eurecom.fr> wrote:

> As agreed on the 17/10/2010 telecon [1], I have taken the newest text
> from Philip's version of the spec, and in particular the sections [2]
> and [3] that now compose our section 5.1,
> http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/WD-media-fragments-spec/#processing-media-fragment-uri.
> As a consequence, I have commented the entire Annex D.
>
> I consider that these 2 actions are done and allow to close the
> ISSUE-19. Philip, do you agree with this?
>
> Best regards.
>
>    Raphaël
>
> [1] http://www.w3.org/2010/11/17-mediafrag-minutes.html#item02
> [2]
> http://people.opera.com/philipj/2010/11/04/media-fragments-spec/overview.html#processing-name-value-components
> [3]
> http://people.opera.com/philipj/2010/11/04/media-fragments-spec/overview.html#processing-name-value-lists

Great! This is an improvement, but still not quite there. It's crucially
missing the definition of the namevalues syntax, so section 5.1.1 just
says "Parse the octet string yielding a list of name-value pairs". This
doesn't actually say *how* to parse the octet-string into name-value
pairs, so it is not enough. We can either refer to a syntax, or use
something like the very verbose steps I had before.

I've rebased my changes onto the latest WD. I just made a few small
commits of fixes I found last time I edited but haven't made it into the
spec yet. What's left are the patches attached to this mail. The first I
think should be applied to the spec and shouldn't be controversial, while
the remaining three are cleanup.

In short, ISSUE-19 may not be closed just yet, but we're getting there.

--
Philip Jägenstedt
Core Developer