Media Fragments Working Group: Agenda 10 June, Telecon 1200 UTC

Dear Media Fragmenters,

Please, find below the agenda for this week telecon. 
I will be on the road and unable to participate, so regrets from me.

The scribe will be Jack (Erik/Yves can be on deck?).
Best regards.

   Erik & RaphaŽl


AGENDA Teleconference
W3C Media Fragments Working Group telephone conference 2009-06-10
Wednesday, 10 June *12:00-13:00 UTC*
Local time: 

10 June 2009, 1200 UTC
              0500 (West US)
              1300 (Galway)
              1400 (Amsterdam, Paris, Pretoria)
              2100 (Tokyo)
              2200 (Sydney)
Bridge US: +1-617-761-6200 (Zakim)
Bridge FR: +
Bridge UK: +44.117.370.6152
Conference code : 3724# (spells "FRAG")
Duration : 60 minutes
IRC channel          : #mediafrag on
W3C IRC Web Client   :
Other clients are listed at
Zakim information    :
Zakim bridge monitor :
Zakim IRC bot        :

Chair: Raphael, Erik
Scribe: Jack (On Deck: Erik / Yves)
Regrets: Raphael

Please note that Media Fragments WG telecons are for attendance by
members and invited experts only.

* Roll call
* PROPOSED to accept the minutes of the 20 May 2009 telecon:

* ACTION-68: Raphael to ask the Media Annotations WG to review our document
* ACTION-74: Erik and Raphael to request feedback of other groups such
as SYMM, SVG, HTML + WHATWG, WAI, MAWG, TAG, MobileWeb, TimedText
* ACTION-65: Raphael to split current document into i) UC and Req and
ii) Syntax and Processing and setup the diff in xmlspec


3.1 Syntax: (Yves)
* ACTION-49: Yves to Draft the HTTP-Range syntax for different units
(completing all the syntax for the two way handshake)
* ACTION-67: Erik to sync with Jean Pierre to get the edit units spec

3.2 UA Server HTTP Communication (Conrad/Raphael)
* ACTION-63: Conrad to update the Wiki with his more general approach
with precisely the same examples
* ACTION-69: Conrad to draw a representation of the general structure of
a media resource, for streamable formats
* ACTION-80: Conrad to provide some rational and use cases for his proposal

3.3 UA MF Resolution and Processing: (Michael)
* ACTION-64: Michael to write into the WD section 6.4, what the client
should do with #everything after the hash : "Client Side Media Fragment
* ACTION-77: Yves to investigate what's happened when facing an invalid
Media Fragment URI
** See also:

4. TEST CASES: (Michael)
* See:
* See the discussion thread at:
** ACTION-81: Michael to update the TC discussion page with 204 proposal
and ask Yves's opinion on the list
** DONE: see

* ISSUE-3 [Michael]: Does our MF URI syntax imply that we need to update
MIME Type registrations?
** ACTION-76: Erik to contact the editors of MPEG-21 Part 17 regarding
the registry of their scheme

* ISSUE-4 [Silvia]: Should we pre-define some track names?
** ACTION-73: Conrad to change the phrasing of the issue 4 (just

* ISSUE-5 [Jack]: Handling spatial cropping requires information at
* ISSUE-6 [Jack]: Temporal clips that require transcoding
** ACTION-62: Yves to ask the TAG whether transcoding should be
forbidden or not when we send a fragment of a resource

* ISSUE-9 [Michael]: Should we have the media type inside the Test Cases?
** ACTION-82: Michael to flesh out TC vocabulary re ISSUE-9

* ACTION-34: Jack to look at python-url library to see whether he could
implement the logic on client side
* ACTION-35: Raphael to look at curl and/or wget to see whether the
logic could be implemented on client side
* ACTION-70: Jack to commit in CVS (code directory) his python code
doing the parsing on client side of the media fragment
* ACTION-71: Michael to investigate whether he could have an
implementation in Javascript that does the client-side media fragments

7. AOB

RaphaŽl Troncy
CWI (Centre for Mathematics and Computer Science),
Kruislaan 413, 1098 SJ Amsterdam, The Netherlands
e-mail: &
Tel: +31 (0)20 - 592 4093
Fax: +31 (0)20 - 592 4312

Received on Tuesday, 9 June 2009 10:43:33 UTC