Re: !Last phonecall before publication (be part of it)! - Media Fragments Working Group: Agenda 16 December, Telecon 1000 UTC

On Tue, Dec 15, 2009 at 7:40 PM, Thierry Michel <tmichel@w3.org> wrote:

> Silvia Pfeiffer wrote:
>>
>> Hi Thierry,

>>> Sure I was about to do so. But editing the
>>> http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/WD-media-fragments-spec/
>>>
>>> is not the best idea. It is better to update the XML editor's copy in
>>> http://dev.w3.org/
>>> (to avoid getting these errors next publication).
>

>> That's where I'm editing - I thought you would have access, too? I
>> would never edit the html file!
>
> Sure I know that you are editing the source file and not the HTML file. As I
> said I did not want to edit the HTML (cause it is not best).
>
> I am aware how you edit this source (locally on your laptop with XML spec)
> or  in  http://dev.w3.org/)
> As I couldn't find a link to the URI on the WG page (only links to the HTML
> file, I was not sure which version of document source to edit. Therefore I
> had reported the errors.

I edit the checked out overview.xml file in the directory
WWW/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/WD-media-fragments-spec on my laptop with
my text editor, checked out from cvs.w3.org:/w3ccvs . When I'm
finished editing and it validates locally, I check it back in. That is
how I thought it was done, but I'd be happy to learn otherwise.

Regards,