Re: Media Fragments Working Group welcome a new member: Opera

On Tue, 14 Apr 2009 17:41:29 +0200, Raphaël Troncy <Raphael.Troncy@cwi.nl>
wrote:

> Dear Philip Jägenstedt, Charles McCathieNevile
>
> We are pleased to welcome you in the Media Fragments WG.
> Philip, I would recommend you to subscribe to our public mailing list
> <public-media-fragment@w3.org> (archived at [1]) since you haven't been
> automatically subscribed and you do not seem to be yet in the list.

Thanks for the welcome, I am now subscribed.

> The group operates mainly on its public mailing list and on its wiki
> [2]. We are about to request publication for a first public working
> draft available at [3]. We do have normally a weekly telecon, every
> Wednesday at 12:00 UTC.
>
> The group will have its 3rd face-to-face meeting later this week, on
> Thursday / Friday, see the agenda at [4]. I imagine it might be very
> difficult for you to attend physically this meeting, but we will also
> have a slot on Zakim and remote participants, so feel free to join if
> you can. It would be awesome to present yourself state your/Opera
> interest in this group.

We are interested in Media Fragments first and foremost as an implementor,
for its potential use with the <audio> and <video> elements of HTML5 and
SVG. A recent discussion on the WHATWG list [1] prompted me to begin
following this WG more closely as the technical requirements/limitations
of media fragments are going to be very relevant to us.

I will not be joining you in Barcelona as I found out about this event
only earlier today. However, I do hope to participate on the mailing list
and possibly the other channels you mentioned.

[1]
http://lists.whatwg.org/pipermail/whatwg-whatwg.org/2009-April/019184.html

--
Philip Jägenstedt