Re: Review of section 7

On Tue, Apr 14, 2009 at 7:37 PM, Yves Lafon <ylafon@w3.org> wrote:
> On Mon, 13 Apr 2009, Silvia Pfeiffer wrote:
>
>> Then I think the User Agent should be encouraged (or even required) to
>> only send the byte ranges, since they can be resolved without a
>> further mapping effort on the server side.
>
> Why? let's remove POST, as it requires processing on the server side :)

After having read some of your replies, I think you're actually
talking about a server sending two range replies, rather than a User
Agent sending two range requests. I don't have an issue with that, as
long as they don't contradict each other. If they contradict, I don't
think a User Agent can clearly decide which is the truthful one and
may need to assume that the server gave a broken reply...