Re: Remote tracks. Why?

Den 04. mars 2016 10:49, skrev Stefan Håkansson LK:
> (contributor hat on) I was just about to write a similar mail related to
> the "readonly" marker. Even if a track is sourced by a camera under
> control of someone else (or a PeerConnection) it could be constrained in
> certain ways. It could change characteristics at any time, but it could
> even if it was not controlled by someone else.
>
>  From my perspective the usefulness of "remote" and "readonly" is not clear.

These two markers were added very early in the document's history.

>From my perspective, "readonly" has never had a proper justification;
even the cited use case ("you can't manipulate this source because it
might affect someone else") feels odd, since it flies in the face of "a
source with multiple users gets configured in such a way that all the
users can be happy, if possible", which is explicitly stated in the
"constraints" discussion.

"remote" has been asserted to be useful, but I haven't figured out
exactly how.

What code would break if we deleted both?