Re: Using enums to avoid default true in "settings dictionaries" (#466, #467, #471)

On 2016-02-25 21:47, Peter Thatcher wrote:
> There is a very clear reason to *not* follow the warning:  It makes our
> API calls worse.  We've tried many times, and we can't come up with
> something that avoids the hazard without being very ugly.

Speaking of ugly, I know that people expressed opinions that keeping the
booleans and inverting the meaning of our settings members were ugly
(when expressed as a double negation). But I think it's fine to have
'disableVoiceActivityDetection = false;' in our IDLs since it would
hardly every be used in any code. Why explicitly set the default value
again?

var options = { disableVoiceActivityDetection: true };

I think that's perfectly fine for my special case where I want to turn
off a feature that is enabled by default since that's how most people
would use it.

/Adam