Re: [mediacapture-main] Pull Request: Extend iframe with a new allowusermedia attribute (issue: #268)

On 10/02/16 09:44, Martin Thomson wrote:
> On 10 February 2016 at 07:56, Adam Bergkvist
> <adam.bergkvist@ericsson.com> wrote:
>> Given that it's not clear in what state the "floating proposal" is in,
>> it might be worth documenting our solution under the current
>> circumstances (i.e. without the consensus for the "floating proposal").
>> With a note as Stefan mentioned.
>
> Is it possible to modify Donald Duck's car to remove the specifics of
> the delegation mechanism and then try to get greater certainty about
> this plan?
>
> I'm personally not yet convinced that this general approach (require
> delegation) is going to float.  I've not seen anything more concrete
> than the Chrome figure of 3.5% of requests for permissions arriving in
> iframes.

Where did you get that figure? I noted that the "floating proposal" has
some data, but there is no data for gUM and iFrames.

One thought that struck me: would explicit delegation also apply to
same-origin iFrames?

   I don't know what assessment others might make from this