Re: [mediacapture-main] Pull Request: Extend iframe with a new allowusermedia attribute (issue: #268)

Den 08. feb. 2016 04:20, skrev Martin Thomson:
> On 6 February 2016 at 01:35, Stefan HÃ¥kansson LK
> <stefan.lk.hakansson@ericsson.com> wrote:
>> This seems mostly in line with PR #313.
>

> I agree, but #313 has the same problems as this proposal in that it
> breaks sites.
>
> And I would be opposed to adding an attribute that we'd have to
> support indefinitely if there is a good chance that we'll have to add
> an attribute with similar, if not identical, properties.
>
> Since this is a very late change to functionality, I want to make sure
> that everyone is OK with the change.  That includes users of the API
> especially.

My read is that #313 is in concordance with the "floating proposal" (to
require permission at top level only), and is absolutely necessary in
order for the "floating proposal" to be viable (otherwise, the "floating
proposal" would automatically grant permission to all nested iframes, no
dialogue needed - which would be a privacy disaster).

So I see #313 as a Good Thing to merge - it makes the "floating
proposal" feasible, because all the pages that would have to be broken
under the "floating proposal" are already broken by #313.

(ObIrrelevantAside: #313 is the number of Donald Duck's car. I'm not
sure what inferences we can draw from that.)

Harald