Re: TV Control API and getUserMedia

(speaking as an individual)

To me it seems that using getUserMedia, as specced now, with constraints
to select a tvtuner as the source is a bit clumsy, since the constraints
you can supply are of type "MediaStreamConstraints" which in turn has
(up to) one entry for a video track and one for an audio track.

If you were to extend getUserMedia to also be able to accept a (e.g.)
"TVTuner" constraint it could perhaps look a little better.

Also, changing channel by applying a track constraint seems (as you
point out) clumsy and non intuitive. Here, you could perhaps define
constraints that apply on TVMediaStreams instead?

To me, your 'Alternative proposal' actually seems cleaner.

Now I am far away from my area of knowledge, but anyway: is there any
specific reason for not going along the path of Media Source Extensions
and define a TV Tuner in a similar way? To me it seems that the only
uses of TVMediaStream is a) recording and b) text tracks. But a) will
(?) be solvable by combining mediacapture-fromelement with
mediacapture-recodring, and for b) I had the feeling that there was
already support for handing text tracks in the video element itself.

Br,
Stefan