Re: [mediacapture-depth] Info request

On 04/20/2016 11:53 AM, publicocean0 via GitHub wrote:
> publicocean0 has just created a new issue for
> https://github.com/w3c/mediacapture-depth:
>
> == Info request ==
> hi ... I might develop a MediaStream class that receiving data not
> from camera but from a websocket stream.
> The idea is to create my WSMediaStream extends MediaStream in
> javascript. it is possible to pass to peer.addStream this kind of
> class for your opinion?
> thanks for suggestion
>
> Please view or discuss this issue at
> https://github.com/w3c/mediacapture-depth/issues/121 using your GitHub
>  account

I assume the data you have coming in is already encoded?
In that case, the right path is probably using the MSE extensions to set
up a decoder that decodes data onto a hidden <video> tag or canvas, and
use the mediacapture-fromelement to produce a stream from it.

I think you have all the pieces you need, but wiring them all up and
verifying that they work correctly might take some time.