Re: Request for review: mediacapture-depth

From: Kostiainen, Anssi <anssi.kostiainen@intel.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Apr 2016 14:04:05 +0000
To: "public-media-capture@w3.org" <public-media-capture@w3.org>
CC: "Hu, Ningxin" <ningxin.hu@intel.com>, Rob Manson <roBman@buildAR.com>
Hi All,

> On 04 Mar 2016, at 11:26, Stefan Håkansson LK <stefan.lk.hakansson@ericsson.com> wrote:
>
> the mediacapture-depth document has been stabilizing over the last
> months, and we think we are approaching the time when we should ask for
> reviews from people outside the TF (remember there is no Last Call in
> the new process).
>
> However, before doing so we would like the Task Force to carefully
> review the draft [1].
>
> As [1] is an extension of mediacapture-main [2], please check for
> consistency and in particular that the Extensibility section of
> mediacapture-main ([3]) has been adhered to.
>
> We prefer the feedback in the form of github Issues filed at [4], and
> ask for the review to be finalized by *March 21st*.

A new WD was published today that addresses feedback received during wide review:

https://www.w3.org/TR/mediacapture-depth/

Special thanks to Martin and Jan-Ivar for their extremely helpful feedback that significantly improved the specification, as well as to all the other contributors who provided feedback and comments.

We have one remaining open issue #110 to be addressed, for which group's feedback would be appreciated via GitHub [5]. After this remaining issue is settled, my expectation is we are good to reach out to people outside the TF for wider review.

Thanks,

-Anssi (on behalf of the editors)

[5] https://github.com/w3c/mediacapture-depth/issues/110