Re: Screensharing - Application restricting whole screen

On Tue, Nov 24, 2015 at 10:32 AM, Jan-Ivar Bruaroey <jib@mozilla.com> wrote:

> On 11/24/15 3:39 AM, Hutton, Andrew wrote:
>
>> On: 24 November 2015 00:42 Jan-Ivar Bruaroey [mailto:jib@mozilla.com]
>> Wrote:
>>
>>> Why does a well-behaved application need means to protect the user from
>>> itself?
>>>
>>> This is about protecting the users from themselves many enterprise
>> collaboration applications have the option for the enterprise admin to
>> create a policy such that users cannot share the whole screen to prevent
>> the accidental leaking of information. I believe this is a commonly applied
>> enterprise policy.
>>

> If the policy limits them to the well-behaved application only, then
> where's the harm? If not, then where's the protection?

Huh? The idea here is that Firefox and the application can in principle
share the
whole screen, but the enterprise admin thinks that's not safe and so he
wants the
application to tell Firefox never to do so. This avoids the user
accidentally selecting
the whole screen.

-Ekr