Screensharing - Application restricting whole screen

From: Hutton, Andrew <andrew.hutton@unify.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Nov 2015 10:45:02 +0000
To: Media Capture TF <public-media-capture@w3.org>
During the TPAC meeting we discussed the use case in which the Web application would like to restrict what the user could choose to share.  This is a common use case with enterprise applications today when the enterprise policy prevents the user from sharing the whole screen so information is not leaked out accidently (i.e. e-mail notifications etc.).

See http://www.w3.org/2015/10/29-webrtc-minutes#item06

I would certainly like to see the WebRTC applications have this control but not sure what the consensus is.

Regards
Andy