Re: About onaddtrack/onremovetrack

On 5/19/15 1:38 AM, Adam Bergkvist wrote:
> On 2015-05-18 10:32, Iñaki Baz Castillo wrote:
>>> The reason you get a close event when you do close() on a WebSocket is
>>> because you initiate the closing handshake (state: CLOSING) and the
>>> event tells you when it's completed (state: CLOSED).
>>>
>>> I believe it's not common to fire events as a result of direct
>>> manipulation of objects.
>> RTCPeerConnection.close() fires "onsignalingstatechange" event
>> (pc.signalingState = closed). I don't think it's so uncommon.
> Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think it should according to the
> specification.

I think you're wrong (but I could be wrong). From
http://w3c.github.io/webrtc-pc/#widl-RTCPeerConnection-onsignalingstatechange

    [...] It is called any time the |readyState| changes, i.e., from a
    call to |setLocalDescription|, a call to |setRemoteDescription|, or
    code. It does not fire for the initial state change into |new|.

By omission: an exception is made for |new |but not |closed|.

Then again, by omission: |close|. is not called out, and i.e. is used,
not e.g.

Wildcard: "code".

Bets?

.: Jan-Ivar :.