getUserMedia({ }) should be a TypeError

From: Jan-Ivar Bruaroey <jib@mozilla.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Jun 2015 18:53:15 -0400
To: public-media-capture@w3.org
In hindsight, I think it's clear that getUserMedia({ }) should be a
TypeError rather than a NotSupportedError.

Having { lasers: true } throw NotSupportedError may sound good, but
gives the wrong impression, as it leads to surprise when { lasers: true,
audio: true } succeeds without error.

More importantly, the arrival of the required keyword for dictionary
members in WebIDL suggests that empty dictionaries in new APIs are more
likely to throw TypeError than anything else.

Even though the 'required' keyword wont work in our particular case, who
knows, WebIDL may someday add a way to specify mutually-exclusive
required members, and we'd wish we'd made this change now.

This also aligns well with the recent move to make this validation
synchronous #182

.: Jan-Ivar :.

https://github.com/w3c/mediacapture-main/issues/189