Re: DeviceID - reserved values, how to express? (#173)

On 06/13/2015 06:39 PM, Martin Thomson wrote:
> On 13 June 2015 at 00:49, Harald Alvestrand <harald@alvestrand.no> wrote:
>> Den 12. juni 2015 19:34, skrev Martin Thomson:
>>> On 12 June 2015 at 01:28, Harald Alvestrand <harald@alvestrand.no> wrote:
>>> On balance, I think that the right answer to this is to add a new
>>> constraint that is driven by a new enumeration:
>>>
>>>     navigator.mediaDevices.getUserMedia({audio: {default: "communications"}})
>>>
>> note that this assumes that getUserMedia can return output devices.
> Um, not at all.  The opposite in fact.  I'm talking about picking the
> "communications" microphone.

But then the use case is not the one covered by the place where this
piece came from, which is the output-device-setting spec.

I want to make sure we don't preclude solving the output-device problem
by our choices in the getusermedia document; I haven'ts een a problem we
need to solve on input devices where this is the answer.