RE: [Media Capture] Human readable message not localizable? [I18N-ISSUE-465] ( LC-3027)

Hello Vivien and Media-capture,

Sorry for the detail in responding. I somehow missed the previous emails.

We did indeed discuss this in some of our teleconferences recently. The issue identified in your specification also appears in other specifications that we have reviewed recently and we have embarked upon work to better define best practices in this area (some of which, no doubt, will fall into the webIDL or ES space).

I don't agree with your resolution to this issue. Language and direction information are important (and become more so in a distributed environment). Although messages may not always be intended for end-user consumption, they are often used in this way. The ability to provide this metadata and to provide for multiple language support is often overlooked in the design of data structures like this.

That said, given that this is an error mechanism, that it is commonly implemented currently in the way you describe in other specifications, that is mostly appears in a single-machine context, and that we do not have a specific use case that would require you to be pioneers here, we can understand why you're not changing the design and will not formally object later.

Regards,

Addison

Addison Phillips
Principal SDE, I18N Architect (Amazon)