Re: Request for feedback: Media Capture and Streams Last Call

On 07/04/2015 07:02 AM, Stefan Håkansson LK wrote:
> On 04/07/15 00:16, Martin Thomson wrote:
>> On 3 July 2015 at 12:32, Jan-Ivar Bruaroey <jib@mozilla.com> wrote:
>>> What if we only persisted deviceIds after a successful gUM call?
>> That's an interesting suggestion.  I think that it's a good idea.
> I agree.

Seems good on first glance. Does the persistence last until cookies are
cleared?

The only privacy consideration I can think of is that an origin can tell
whether or not the user has (since last cookie clearing) given
permission for any device in the past; I can't see an attack offhand
that can be launched based on that information that wouldn't also be
launchable by setting a cookie.

--
Surveillance is pervasive. Go Dark.