Re: Canceling pending getUserMedia() call

On 1/27/15 5:25 PM, Iñaki Baz Castillo wrote:
> Hi, let's assume that during a call/session a peer wants to add his
> local video so gUM is called. But before he accepts the gUM prompt the
> call/session is ended by the remote peer.
>
> Is there anyway to make the pending gUM prompt to disappear?

See
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/14492450/cancelling-a-getusermedia-request

> I mean:
> without waiting for the user to press "Accept" and then ignoring and
> closing the given MediaStream.

It sounds like you're using Google Chrome or Opera. In Firefox the gUM
prompt minimizes as soon as you click somewhere else, so it's not in
your way as much (it'll still linger in the form of an icon in the URL
bar though).

> In that scenario and given that the user does know that the
> call/session has ended, he may prefer to click on "Deny" (why to open
> my webcam when the call has already ended?), which would cause the
> website to get into the gUM blacklist of the browser.
>
> Found nothing in the spec.

Again, those are tied to non-spec-mandated choices of Chrome and Opera
to interpret Deny as permanent AFAIK (Firefox has explicit "Don't Share"
and "Never Share" options).

Implementations use slightly different models for the gUM prompt, with
pros and cons. On that topic, we've been going over our gUM permission
workflow and have been meaning to raise some issues for the spec. We
hope to post something about that here soon.

.: Jan-Ivar :.