Re: Github repo notifications

Hi Bjoern,

On 10/01/2015 20:44, Bjoern Hoehrmann wrote:
> * Dominique Hazael-Massieux wrote:
>> If this proves useful, we can then easily look to adapt it to the other
>> repos of the task force (as well as to the WebRTC repos if the WebRTC WG
>> sees it as useful.)
>
> I am still finding these intolerable and am considering to unsubscribe.

Since nobody has been clamoring for keeping these notifications as on
this list, I've moved them to a separate list, at least for the time
being. From now on, they'll be sent to
https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-capture-logs/

> Current issues include that
>
>    issue_comment.created-69305595-1420791600-sysbot+gh@w3.org
>    issues.closed-45102993-1420791600-sysbot+gh@w3.org
>
> are supposedly in reply to
>
>    issues.opened-45102993-1412686253-sysbot+gh@w3.org
>
> but that message does not exist.

That's only because the issue was created before the notification system
was in place. This would not happen for new issues.

  They also change Subject headers. One
> message has a space before "now", the other message has a tab and a
> space before "now"

Weird?

  and then also a "Closed: " prefix in front of the
> whole Subject line. It also seems one of the messages is redundant with
> the other (I am guessing closing an issue with a comment creates two
> mails, both with content that would easily fit in a tweet; email is not
> the right medium for individual messages like that).

I find that duplication annoying too; I haven't found a way around it
yet, but I'll keep looking int it.

Dom