Re: Screen sharing function name

> WRT screensharing, I think it's important to remember that this is only
> one of the possible uses of this function.
>
> Other functions could, for instance, be interaction recording ("what
> went on in this editing session") and screen-as-control-surface ("bring
> something up on your screen and I'll look it up with imagesearch and
> give you back what most closely resembles it").

In all of those cases the user is "sharing" their personal "screen" with
the app, sharing what they're looking at and doing with a trusted party
or agent.

The app may not be seeing the user, but is sharing in what the user is
seeing and doing (within the confines of their screen).

To me, that is not conveyed well by "system", since the user is still
effectively observed.

On 2/7/15 9:45 PM, Peter Thatcher wrote:
> So you want getScreenMedia?

getScreenSharingMedia? getUsersScreenMedia?

.: Jan-Ivar :.