RE: Screen sharing and device pixel ratio

-----Original Message-----
From: Harald Alvestrand [mailto:harald@alvestrand.no]
Sent: Tuesday, December 15, 2015 6:50
To: public-media-capture@w3.org
Subject: Re: Screen sharing and device pixel ratio

> In an application-sharing case, there are potentially different
> windows with different pixel density.
If they come from multiple screens, yes. Do we have a W3C model of multiple screens being served from the same browser context yet?

[MH] I'm not entirely sure how that relates to this issue, since we're talking about sourcing multiple screens here. For outputting to multiple screens from a single context, I believe there is some work being done in the Second Screen WG.

>   Compositing those into a single
> track will result in windows with different sizes.
Yes.

I like the idea of specifying a scaling factor as part of the process of starting a screen capture.
I just think we should stop there.

[MH] I'm basically asking that we add a "virtual" non-numerical scaling factor to the request constraints that tells the browser to scale by the factor most appropriate to the source's density.