Re: Issue #268: Iframe sandboxing options for gUM

On 5 December 2015 at 02:40, Harald Alvestrand <harald@alvestrand.no> wrote:
> Would choosing double-keyed permission mean that if an iframe appears in
> 7 different contexts, the permissions will have to be stored 7 different
> times?

Yes, and showing the iframe as a top-level context would produce the 8th.

> Note that permission keying affects whether we're able to unify our
> permissions model with the Permissions API model - that model doesn't
> appear to consider iframes separately at all at the moment.

Yes, and I think that's a very relevant question to raise over there,
and I will do that right now.  If an origin makes a query of the
Permissions API with the expectation that the answer is the same no
matter how it is framed, it might be surprised.  At a minimum, the API
should establish expectations about what to expect here.  (I'm not
sure that it's possible to *see* what the top-level browsing context
is from an iframe.)