Re: Constraint finishing: "Ideal"

On 09/16/2014 11:00 PM, Harald Alvestrand wrote:
> We now have a proposed text for the "ideal" form of constraint that we
> agreed in Washington DC that we would introduce.
>
> https://github.com/w3c/mediacapture-main/pull/20
>
> Please comment.
>
> Special thanks to Peter Thatcher for pulling the text together!

For easy reference: The new text (with HTML markup) is:

+                    with the smallest distance from the non-required
+                    ('ideal' or bare-value) constraints, calculated as
+                    the sum of the following constraint-specific
+                    distances for all of the non-required
+                    constraints.</p>
+                    <ol>
+                      <li>
+                        For all numeric non-required constraints
+                        (height, width, framerate, aspectRatio,
+                        sampleRate and sampleSize), use the
+                        formula <pre>(actual == 0) ? ideal : |actual -
+                        ideal|/actuall</pre>.
+                      </li>
+                      <li>
+                        For all non-required string and enum
+                        constraints (sourceId, groupId, facingMode,
+                        echoCancellation), use the
+                        formula <pre>(actual == ideal) ? 0 : 10</pre>.
+                        If multiple tracks in the
+                        <var>thirdPassSet</var> have the same total
+                        distance thus calculated, select any one of
+                        them.