Re: Proposal to add defaultDevice attribute to getMediaDevices.

On 03/17/2014 07:30 PM, Martin Thomson wrote:
> On 17 March 2014 06:11, Harald Alvestrand <harald@alvestrand.no> wrote:
>> So we're 1-1 in commenters.
> I'm not going to add to either pile, other than to note that on
> Windows, I had two different default devices.
>
> Windows allows users to specify a default device and a default
> _communications_ device.  In this proposal, how would that manifest?

When I talked with a few people at Mozilla about "set output device",
they were interested in seeing a function that I would characterize as a
"role device". This would be a more complex and more powerful mechanism
than merely a "default device yes/no" flag.

But we can't discuss that further without a proposal for it, so I guess
it'll just have to wait.