Re: Question about mandatory API in webrtc and mediacapture specs.

It is just to prioritize the API, that can be used by platform implementors
temporarily (Until the spec is finalized). And the priority is to support
starting from basic audio-video call to extreme features that full-fill all
the requirements and usecases of webrtc.
Mandatory IMHO gives the high priority while implementing the API. And
Optional gives less priority where the API might not be stable or it might
change in near future.