Re: Bare constraint values - KISS

> We can either conclude that there will never be a category that
> applications want to see when they just ask for "something that
> produces video" together with the cameras (in which case your
> suggestion is reasonable), or we can conclude that if an application
> doesn't ask for anything specific, any kind of source is fair game.

We don't need to rule out all categories, just categories of the
mediaSource constraint (which isn't even standardized).

Given that we want to separate out screen-sharing devices from all other
devices, and the mediaSource constraint solution is currently being used
by browsers for this, then (whether we decide to keep using it or not)
it needs a default value that excludes the new set, because the desire
*for this constraint* is to do so. That this default value is called
"camera" is perhaps the source of confusion but it can be called
anything, like "Cameras and other regular stuff", "Anything not
screensharing" or even "Default". I don't particularly care about the name.

I'm not saying this is the best solution, in fact we know it is not
right now, because it conflicts with bare-means-ideal (hence this
thread), but that's all we have at the moment.

.: Jan-Ivar :.