Re: Bare constraint values - KISS

From: Martin Thomson <martin.thomson@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Jul 2014 15:42:06 -0700
To: Jan-Ivar Bruaroey <jib@mozilla.com>
Cc: Stefan HÃ¥kansson LK <stefan.lk.hakansson@ericsson.com>, "public-media-capture@w3.org" <public-media-capture@w3.org>
On 11 July 2014 14:09, Jan-Ivar Bruaroey <jib@mozilla.com> wrote:
>> I think however that we should treat screen/application sharing as other
>> media types than camera video in the interest of getting done with the
>> latter without having it be on hold until we understand the former fully.
>

> Agreed, though unfortunately both Chrome and Firefox use a MediaSource
> constraint right now to control screensharing, and that doesn't really work
> unless MediaSource is treated internally as plain-means-required, which
> actually violates the constraints model we have at the moment.

I'm still slightly in favour of a mode switch rather than having new
source types.

But my main point here is that whatever we used to do - before we
actually thought things through in detail and debated the merits of
different approaches - should not unduly prevent us from proceeding to
do what we think is the best thing.