Re: Use cases and requirements for the Media Capture Depth Stream Extension (was: RGBD and just D cameras)

I’d be very interested in seeing an extension written for this (and glad to help).

I’m interested in the use cases around gesture recognition and user interfaces for spacial information.

I’m also interested in the use case where range data is used in video conferring to focus on the main person in front of the camera and filter out any "background" people, stray dogs, etc that might wander into the frame.