Re: MediaError object (Re: New Editor's draft v20131225)

On 1/8/14 8:18 PM, Silvia Pfeiffer wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 9, 2014 at 9:33 AM, Jan-Ivar Bruaroey <jib@mozilla.com> wrote:
>> You're missing my question. Who needs SDP line numbers other than for
>> debugging? What software needs this information?
> If I was told which line of SDP produced problems, then I can change
> that line programmatically and fix up a broken connection attempt. Why
> would that not be desirable?

Wouldn't you need more than a line-number to pull off something like
that? Parse the SDP line, scan error message for clues about which
failure occurred. If you're comfortable parsing SDP and the multitude of
variations you'll no doubt encounter there, then parsing the error
message for the line number as well seems like peanuts comparatively.

I don't think we need to deviate from DOMError to make this highly
advanced kludging marginally simpler. Lets make simple things simple and
advanced things possible.

.: Jan-Ivar :.