Re: MediaError object (Re: New Editor's draft v20131225)

On 1/8/14 4:57 PM, Harald Alvestrand wrote:
> On 01/08/2014 10:31 PM, Jan-Ivar Bruaroey wrote:
>> On 1/8/14 1:27 PM, Harald Alvestrand wrote:
>>> The constraintName property (and the sdpLineNumber property in the
>>> WebRTC draft) were added for reasons that seemed good at the time;
>>> you can't indicate a line number with an error code.
>>
>> But you can in a message-field, which I understand DOMError will
>> grow. Why is that not sufficient?
> Because that means you can only get it out via parsing the text of the
> field, which means that the format of the text message is part of your
> API, cannot be allowed to vary between implementations, and has to be
> specified in your specifications.

You're missing my question. Who needs SDP line numbers other than for
debugging? What software needs this information?

Is someone working on a live SDP editor I don't know about? If so, then
parsing a message-field is the least objectionable thing that person is
doing.

.: Jan-Ivar :.