Mobile devices with built-in depth cameras

From: Rob Manson <roBman@buildAR.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Feb 2014 11:52:36 +1100
To: "public-media-capture@w3.org" <public-media-capture@w3.org>
CC: "Kostiainen, Anssi" <anssi.kostiainen@intel.com>, "Hu, Ningxin" <ningxin.hu@intel.com>
Hi,

I've added a new use case to our wiki page for the Depth Camera extension.

UC5: Mobile Augmented Reality and Spatial Scanning
https://www.w3.org/wiki/Media_Capture_Depth_Stream_Extension#Use_Cases

I've been waiting for a tangible example of a mobile device with
built-in depth support and now the new Project Tango from Google has
provided just that http://www.google.com/atap/projecttango/

I think this adds even more justification for our proposal to support
Depth Cameras.

roBman