Re: captureStreamUntilEnded? (Re: peerIdentity and transparency)

On 6 February 2014 12:02, Harald Alvestrand <harald@alvestrand.no> wrote:
> Is it interesting to think of adopting the captureStream() interface? It
> would resolve a long standing issue of "how do I produce a MediaStream when
> I don't have a camera", but there might be dragons lying in wait here that
> makes this unadvisable at the present time....

I think that this is a useful construct.  In the code I've seen, it's
used as the primary way to feed webaudio.

BTW, the spec I found was http://www.w3.org/TR/streamproc/ .  I don't
know which of the two is more current.

I also think that it would be interesting as a more general concept
(think tab capture), but that's where the dragons lie in wait for us.
For media elements, we've a pretty good handle on how this should work
I think (with room for refinement, no doubt).