Re: More thoughts on Constraints, and a proposal

On Wed, Feb 5, 2014 at 7:43 PM, Randy Lin <rlin@mozilla.com> wrote:

> 1. What is the possible return value?
> ===> Size getMaxVideoSize(optional DOMString mimeType); // returns a
> dictionary
>  a. If mimeType == empty, then return the platform can support for the
> media stream frame size like
>  {1024, 768}
>  b. Application sets the un-supported mimeType, then return null or {}?
>  c. Application sets the supported mimeType, return platform supported
> MaxVideoSize.

I'm not actually proposing we add this API, not now and maybe not ever. It
was just an example of how we would extend the API if we needed to.

> 2. for scaleVideoDownToWidth/scaleVideoDownToHigh/mimeType in
> MediaRecorderOptions.
> If application sets incorrect options, how can media recorder object react
> for that one? Just use the platform default value?

Yes, these options represent "optional constraints" so if they can't be
satisfied the UA just returns its best effort.

Rob
waanndt  wyeonut  thoo mken.o w