Re: Constraints and MediaRecorder

From: Robert O'Callahan <robert@ocallahan.org>
Date: Tue, 4 Feb 2014 11:52:46 +1300
To: Cullen Jennings <fluffy@iii.ca>
Cc: Harald Tveit Alvestrand <harald@alvestrand.no>, "public-media-capture@w3.org" <public-media-capture@w3.org>
On Tue, Feb 4, 2014 at 11:39 AM, Cullen Jennings <fluffy@iii.ca> wrote:

> Thought on how to dynamical sense what frequency ranges work? seems hard
> to differentiate from a quiet room.

Generate a test signal through the browser? Have the user do a first-run
check that things are working? It seems like you'd want to do one of these
anyway, even if the browser thinks things are OK.

Having said that, we should certainly expose what the browser knows about
the sample rate of an audio track.

Anyway I meant to stick to talking about MediaRecorder and your examples
have lured me away from that.

Rob
waanndt  wyeonut  thoo mken.o w