Re: Constraints and MediaRecorder

On 2/1/14 2:59 PM, Martin Thomson wrote:
> Selectively quoting:
>
> On 1 February 2014 03:38, Robert O'Callahan <robert@ocallahan.org> wrote:
>> the Constraints API [...]  MediaRecorder [...] doesn't [...] need it
> Yes.
>
> Applying constraints inappropriately to things has caused a fair
> amount of pain thus far.  It does provide some advantages in managing
> contention for a single resource, such as can happen with
> getUserMedia.  When the resource in question is effectively completely
> under control of the application, constraints are a liability.

+1. Same mistake we made with RTCPeerConnection settings. No
contention-management is needed here, so having the run-time
rule-management machinery of Constrainable is overkill.

A simple dictionary constructor argument should suffice here, perhaps
borrowing PropertyValueLongRange
(http://dev.w3.org/2011/webrtc/editor/getusermedia.html#dictionary-propertyvaluelongrange-members
)

.: Jan-Ivar :.