Re: Extending MediaRecorder to record from Web Audio node faster than real time?

If we can construct MediaStreams from AudioNodes (other than OfflineAudioContext), then there is no need to pass them directly to MediaRecorder, is there?  Can't they be recorded as MediaStreams?

If that's so, the only case we have to worry about is OfflineAudioContext, since from previous emails I gather that we don't want to allow it to be used to construct a MediaStream.  As long as it can produce the required amounts of data (e.g. 200ms buffers) I don't see a problem.  On the other hand, for my edification, if OfflineAudioContext can produce data in faster than real time, isn't it already recorded/stored in some way?  What is the MediaRecorder for? Transcoding?

Jim Barnett
Genesys