Re: Future of SourceType - Call For Consensus?

On 08/23/2014 02:13 AM, Jan-Ivar Bruaroey wrote:
> On 8/20/14 11:08 AM, Jim Barnett wrote:
>> However since MediaSourceEnum applies only to video, perhaps it
>> should be called VideoSourceEnum.  That makes it clearer that it we
>> want to select among different types of audio sources in the future,
>> we will define  AudioSourceEnum.
>
> Sure, but before we get too excited about the mediaSource constraint,
> recall that it has to violate the constraints-model to work.

Yup, the nice thing about removing SourceTypeEnum from the base spec is
that we can sort this out in a way that works in the context of screen
capture.

Screen capture has some unique properties. The solution we find there
may inform the general model, or it may be a solution that is unique to
screen capture.

Let's take that discussion on a new thread.