Re: MediaRecorder: stopRecording event language

On 09/20/2013 03:11 AM, Jim Barnett wrote:

> To me this is an argument for MediaStream raising the ended event when
> stop() is called.  When an application requests an operation, it must
> be able to find out when that operation has finished.  So either the
> call should be synchronous or it should trigger a done/completed
> event.  Apps that don’t care about that event can ignore it.

We had that discussion earlier, with no consensus to change; apparently
there are other specs that have the same language about stop() and ended.

(It will take me some time to dig out the discussion and/or examples if
I have to do that; if someone has it on the tip of their keyboard,
please chime in!)